Apr 17, 2012

what's for dinner!

My little guy is home sick today, so while he naps quietly on the couch it gives me a chance to play with some ideas for this week's menu outline. I'll admit after a week of being sick myself and spending much of last week in bed, I'm kind of looking forward to cooking and getting this week's menu sorted out! 


(there's nothing better than Greek yogurt and Granola for breakfast!}

Tuesday: Grilled Turkey Panni's w/ Spicy Tomato soup

Wednesday: Chicken and Vegetable Stir-fry Bowls, fruit and steamed Edamame

Thursday: Turkey Meatballs w/ Brown Rice, Sauteed Peas, salad, fruit

Friday: Fish Tacos, baked nachos, 3 bean salad, watermelon

Saturday: Breakfast Night! French Toast Skewers w/ fruit & Chicken Pineapple Sausage

Sunday: we're hosting a bbq at our house for 3 other families!

appetizers:  Pumpkin Dip w/ Apples & Gingerbread Crisps, hot Artichoke Dip w/ Pita chips, Mango Guacamole w/ tortilla chips
dinner:  Southwest Chicken Pasta Salad, Pulled Pork Sandwiches, Grilled Bratwursts, Grandmas Baked Beans, Heirloom Tomato Salad, Fruit salad, Coleslaw, mini Grilled Cheese skewers & Vegetable cups (for the kids)
dessert: Strawberry - Angel Food Cake w/ maple whipped cream
drinks: Pomegranate Orange Punch, Cucumber Strawberry Water (I'll let Peter handle the beer and wine portion ;)

So, I think that about does it... unless of course I think of something else to add to Sunday's menu! Hope you are having a wonderful start to the week!






1 comment:

Mommy Sauri~ said...

Now your menu for Sunday sounds fabulous. I'd love to know the recipe for the pumpkin dip or the pomegranate orange punch. Yumm

Mommy Sauri~
http://casadesauri.blogspot.com